7.03.2012

Yea!!!...it's JULY!!!

I promised myself that starting in JULY, I'd start working on PUMPKIN projects to get a head start on Fall decorations, especially since I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year.  If you know me, I'm obsessed with all-things-PUMPKINS! 
So each month up until November, I'll be working on at least one pumpkin project, and I'll come back to share with you guy's!!!

In the meantime, here's an update on the Study/Guest Room!

0ooo...actually, let's back up...I forgot to give y'all a CURTAIN update!!!
When we bought our new IKEA couch, they were having a deal where you get up to 15% back on a couch purchase.  So our curtains, along with a few other accessories, were FREE!!!

When hanging the curtains, I followed the 12 inch rule...meaning, measure 12 inches from the top of the window, and 12 inches from the side of the window, to make the room appear bigger.  And it DID...made a HUGE difference!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Here's a close-up...

I didn't get to Oooo-and-Ahhh over my new curtains too long, because the very next day that room looked like THIS...DAY 1 of our Dining Room turned Study/Guest Room.

And across the way, the new curtains hung in the Living Room.  We actually hung this rod from the ceiling, because I didn't want to put holes in the beautiful wood work.
((ignore the Bowflex, that's getting moved to the new Study))

Okay, if you've been following the new Study/Guest Room saga...
Here's how it's currently looking:  Yea!  We have DOORS!!!




..and with moulding:


My Dad is truly amazing, he can do anything, build anything, and he still surprises himself when he figures something out.  Me on the other hand, it's no surprise to me, I've always known how wonderful he was/is. 

Next step:  Texture & Paint!!! 
Maybe I can get the texture done on this 4th of July holiday, and painting done by the weekend.  We shall see.

After I finish painting, I'll take some pictures further out, at different angles of the room so you can get an idea of how it looks from different angles of the house.

Here's a sneak peek at what else I've been working on:

We have an old dresser that I was originally going to put in a garage sale, and then I thought I'd put wheels on the bottom of each drawer, to make roll-out storage underneath the bed.
Oh yah, and I also got a little crazy with the mod podge!
I'll take better photos once I finish all 3 drawers, but here's the 1st...


I'll take more detailed pictures on the next 2 drawers I make, but this is what it looked like before:


oooo - Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment