1.25.2014

Up-cycled End Tables to a Coffee Table:

A little while back I came across these 2 end tables...


I just LOVE the bottoms on these tables!

Problem was, they were a bit too short for end tables.  I like my end table to be higher up, closer to the arm rest of my couch.  These were only about 16" tall.

I let them sit in my Living Room for a few days while I thought about how I was going to make them work.
Actually, what gave me the idea to turn them into a coffee table, was that my kids put them side by side one day while they were doing their chores.

So on the weekend I went to a Scrap-booking Retreat, (I "craft" rather than scrapbook) I brought these 2 tables along to work on.

I started off by gluing down some wooden slats with this design.  Then I went over it with my nail gun, and also added screws to make sure it was fully secure.  I would later apply wood putty to cover the screw holes.


To make it even more sturdy, I flipped it, and did the same thing to the backside...


While I had it flipped, I went ahead and stained that side first.


I then stained the top side, and also added some sealant.


I love the imperfections in the wood...

 
 And here it is now...





My couch is like a boxed in square, and so it worked out perfectly that the table is narrow enough to walk in between it and the couch.



Check out this table over at Pottery Barn right now for $699...

Very similar design on the bottom.  
I'd say my new coffee table fits right 'in style' right now.

Palmetto All-Weather Wicker Round Pedestal Coffee Table - Black 

Thanks for looking!!!

~ Jenny xoxo 

Link Party:  Not just a Housewife

 


No comments:

Post a Comment