4.28.2012

Boy Bedroom:

I'm a newbie at this whole DIY thing, I'm learning as I go...don't judge. 
ha ha 
Some of my ideas are pretty "out there", like my tree branch curtain rods, or my obsession with pallet wood, etc.
I'm also new at documenting, so I don't always have "before" pictures from previous projects I've worked on, but I promise to "document" in the future.





The Dinosaur Bedroom:


Before:  I do not have a "before" picture, but if you can just imagine...this Room was once painted black and yellow...I'm not sure if it was once a Batman theme??

I had to give the moulding and doors 3 coats of white semi-gloss paint, I textured the walls to give it a more updated look, and the walls received 2 coats of paint! It was a JOB!
I changed out the white mini blinds to faux wooded blinds.


Curtains & Rod are from Target.

Bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids, and I got the Framed Cork board idea from PBK as well.

When deciding on a theme/bedding, I wanted something that could suit my boy's now, but that when they grew older, I would only need to change out the dinosaur sheets (if they weren't into dinosaurs anymore), and the plaid comforter could be used for all ages (in my opinion).


Here's another picture...better lighting?



To make the Framed Cork-board, I bought a cork-board from Target, and cut/stain moulding to frame around the cork-board.  Okay...okay...actually, my Brother & Dad "cut" the wood for me! ha ha
I then just used wood glue to glue the moulding to the cork.
























No comments:

Post a Comment