4.28.2012

Shipping Pallets

I was 9 months pregnant when I spotted hundreds of Shipping Pallets next to a dumpster!  I just so happened to be with my Sister, and begged for her to load up her van with some for me!  It looked something like this:
Her lifting about a dozen heavy shipping pallets into her van, while I stood there laughing.  ha ha  ((She loves me!))

My very first project made from Shipping Pallets were some shelves to go above my desk in the dining room nook...

It went from this:



To this:


To "TA DA" !!!
(Actual "pictures" have been edited out to protect the innocent.)



Next I thought I'd experiment with some Craft Paint...


In order to still be able to change out the pictures in the frames, I used Velcro on the back.





Did I mention that Aqua is one of my FAVORITE colors?...which prompted my next project...
This was done with a few different colors of Craft Paint, then I cut out the words from a Cricket Machine, and used mod podge over them.


THEN came me staining the wood for an entirely different look...
Same thing as the above picture, I just used mod podge over the words.


For this next project, I thought I'd try hand-painting the words instead of cut-out letters...


...and just a quick 10 min. craft you can do with your children...


Coffee Table made out of Shipping Pallets...
I gave my Brother two pallets, and he made me a beautiful coffee table!





1 comment: