11.09.2012

Christmas Picture Frames:

The Saturday before Halloween, my Sister was decorating one of her clients house for Christmas.  She asked if I would like to help her, to which I replied, "Yes, of course, ...duh...YES!"  ha ha  This meant an entire day without kiddo's doing what I love to do!...and let me tell you, it. was. wonderful! =)  

While my Sister decorated an 11 foot tree and staircase, I worked on these...

The lady had bought this one from a boutique...



I haven't seen anything like it before, but isn't that the coolest idea?  
Wouldn't they be great Christmas gifts?

These are the ones I made...
(I don't have any step-by-step pictures, but I used a hot glue gun to adhere everything to the frame.  I would kind of arrange things how I wanted them before actually gluing down.)



~ Leopard Print ~



~ Red & Green ~



~ Peacock ~
This one is my favorite, and one that she actually let me keep! =)



~ Red & Green ~



~ Gold & Green ~



~ Aqua & Red ~



~ Red & Green ~





I hope that sparks some ideas in your head! =)
I'm pretty sure this is what I'll be doing for Teacher gifts this year! ;)

That being said...I started my own Christmas decorating at my house.
Here's a sneak peek:




I've kind of always stuck with a more traditional color scheme for Christmas...red's & green's...Silver & Gold...with maybe a pop of some other color, like aqua!  This year though, I'm adding burlap!
I AM thinking of doing a pink & aqua Christmas tree this year...I haven't decided if I want to make that plunge yet.  ha ha

Have y'all started decorating for Christmas yet?
I know people have mixed feelings about putting Christmas decorations up even before Thanksgiving, but I look forward to Christmas...it's my favorite time of year!  
I also kind of like to take my time putting everything up, rather than this rush to get it all up so that I can actually enjoy it. =)

Hope y'all have a blessed weekend!

~ Jenny xoxo
















  

No comments:

Post a Comment