5.19.2013

Front Door Shutters:

While browsing the internet I came across a picture with shutters on each side of the front door.  I stored that idea in the back of my head, until one day I came across these...

Someone was selling individual packs of shelf kits for $5.00 each!  They run about $50 each at Home Depot!
And in case you're wandering, they are called:

John Louis Home Deluxe Solid Wood Red Mahogany Closet System 

John Louis Home Standard 12 in. Solid Wood Red Mahogany Adjustable Shelf Kit
Here's what they are used for...

John Louis Home Deluxe 16 in. Solid Wood Red Mahogany Closet System for closets up to 10 ft.

My first thought was, "Hey!!!  I could use these for my shutter doors!"

So I bought 2, and of course later I wish I would have bought more!  I would have totally put them on my 3 windows at the back of the house!  Ah well, I'll just stick to my original plan...

So here's the "before" picture...







In order to install them, I used Entry Door hindges...

Gatehouse 3-in Brass Plated Entry Door Hinge
Below you'll see I drilled my holes first...




Then I just screwed the other side into the moulding by the front door...






I realize that this is a little different, but if you've been following my blog for a while, you'll notice I'm a little different.  ha ha
Like knocking out our main staircase to put in spiral stairs..."Like who does that?!"  ha ha ha  "Me!  Me!  ME!"

Hey y'all, if you like what you see...Follow me on Facebook!  You'll see the link to the right of the page!

Thanks for looking!

~ Jenny xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment