5.04.2013

Demolition of the old stairs...

Today we started the demolition of the old stairs!!!  If you are just now following, we built a spiral staircase towards the back of the house to replace these stairs.  You can read all about that here and here.

We first needed to install railing and spindles at the top of the stairs.  By doing this first, we won't have to worry about anyone falling from the top once the steps are taken out.  We used our current handrail from the stairs to replace up top, which is why you only see 1/2 the railing. 




Next was taking apart the stairs...



While I worked on the demolition, my Dad worked on installing the new railing and spindles.  We tried to re-use pieces of the stairs when we could...



Recently I bought a box of spindles from a garage sale that I was going to re purpose for crafts.  Instead, we decided to use them for the stairs.  They were not the same design, and I didn't have enough to replace each spindle, so we alternated them.  It looks great!



And at the end of Day 1 it looked like this...



Thanks for looking!  I'll keep y'all updated! =)

~ Jenny xoxo











No comments:

Post a Comment