2.23.2014

Faux Finish...

One of the main reasons why I love this house so much, are the wooden walls throughout the living room.
The problem is, it made the living room seem so dark.


I've been trying to think of ways I could lighten up the room, without losing my wooden walls that I love so dearly. =) 
I started thinking maybe I could leave the main wall that separates the kitchen from the living room, and then paint the other 2 adjacent walls.
I am a very visual person though.  I need pictures to look at first, to make sure it's going to look okay in my space.
I kept searching "wooden accent walls" for months and months, but couldn't find exactly what I had in-visioned.  Then FINALLY, I came across this picture, and that was all I needed in order to make my vision come to life!

  
BEFORE:
(These pictures were taken way back in April of last year.  I forgot to take "BEFORE" pictures before I started painting the walls.  I guess I was excited to get started.)




So I actually used the same technique that I used for my kitchen cabinets...

RUST-OLEUM Cabinet Transformations Kit  


I waited to do the moulding around the french doors, because I wasn't sure if I was going to paint the moulding, or stain them.




A few close ups...









So whatcha think? =)
I would love to hear your thoughts!

~ Jenny xoxo 









 



 









No comments:

Post a Comment