2.18.2014

Kitchen progress and decor.


 I go through phases where I take a break from working on projects, and my focus becomes more on decorating.
I think this past month I've been collecting decorative pieces for my kitchen.  I hardly ever buy NEW, and I love unique pieces!

I love to shop at this place called The Barn!  They sell a huge variety of antique, vintage, rustic, eclectic, and more!

Here are just a few pieces I've added...

Aren't these lovely?  They are old wine jugs, and though I don't drink, I just loved the look of them, and the color!

 


I have been eying these copper canisters for some time now.  Every time I would go to The Barn, they were always there...begging me to take them home!
And so I did. =) 



How cool is this little guy?!!!
My kitchen doesn't exactly have a lot of color right now.  Once I re-paint my walls to a more neutral color, then my kitchen REALLY won't have a variety of color to it!  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but this wonderfully adorable rooster gives my kitchen the pop of color that it needs! 


I have been searching for a new pendant light for some time, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for!  I wanted something more industrial perhaps, something metal.  I came across this shabby chic pendant light though, and at only $12.00 - I was sold!

As of right now, I'm going to be surrounding the kitchen window with some Farmhouse-style moulding!  The current faucet has got-to-go, but what I'm wanting to replace it with, isn't exactly in-expensive...so I'm saving my pennies! 


I built this mantle from a piece that went to a convertible crib, and some scrap wood!  I'm wanting to create a brick accent wall right here, but that probably won't be any time soon.

And do you see that I still haven't installed the desk drawers?  I need to buy new hinges...
And then the door...eekk. that. door!  Have you ever painted something, and immediately did not like it?!  Well, that's what happened to this door, and I have regretted the color choice ever since! 


And so, the kitchen is slowly coming along! =)

You can read all about my last kitchen update here.

Thanks for looking!

~ Jenny xoxo 



Link party:  Not just a Housewife







No comments:

Post a Comment