5.26.2012

"Money Tree" & a Photo Collage...

If you remember, I found a "money tree" at a garage sale a while back.  Actually, my Sister made it, and she was selling it for $1.00.  I already had in my mind what I was going to do, but wasn't sure exactly how I was going to go about giving the flower pot a new color.

Here is that "money tree"...

I think originally I was going to paint the flower pot, then I thought maybe I could cover it with scrapbook paper and mod podge.  Of course, that wouldn't work because the scrapbook paper would be too thick to lay over the grooves of the pot.  That's when TISSUE PAPER came to mind!  Genius! 


All I did was brush Matte Mod Podge over sections of the pot, lay torn up tissue paper over the "podge", and brush some more "podge" on top of the tissue...maybe the pictures will explain it better.




TA DA!!!...
This dried sooo beautifully, it's like a textured flower pot!  Sooo pretty.


Next, I took off all of the ribbon that was tied to the branches.
I snipped off most of the flowers that were in the pot, and hot glued them onto the branches...


And here's another close-up of the flower pot...


This evening we also did a collage of frames above her bed...
(pictures were covered to protect the innocent)





So her room is coming along...slowly.  ha ha 
I'm hoping to be done with her room by the end of the month.



No comments:

Post a Comment