7.16.2013

Refurbished Ethan Allan Chair:

I wasn't really looking for any furniture, but I came across this Ethan Allan bench.  It was posted as a "bench", but it kind of looks more like a couch.  I'm not really sure what to call it??  Ethan Allan Chair, maybe?
This was how it looked when I first got it...


I tore all of this off!!!...gross!  It was all moldy, and dirty!


I just LOVE everything about it though, the spindles, the curves...



After I took all of that moldy fabric off, I nailed down some wooden slats. 


To be exact, I just used left-over fencing that I had on hand...



I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to leave it this distressed black color, but I knew black would be the safest color to paint it just until I figure out what I'm going to do with the upholstery.

I used Rust-oleum Universal Black Satin Paint & Primer In One...

Rust-Oleum Universal 12-oz. Universal Paint and Primer



And just so you get an idea of where this is located...
Right now I have it as my Entryway bench.

What do you think?

I still need to add cushions, so depending on the fabric color, I may keep or change the black.  What do you think of the location?

Here's another view...
(ignore un-finished french doors...haha)


Can't wait to finish this piece!


~ Jenny

















1 comment:

  1. Perfect, I love it. If you decide to sell it you know where to find me. lol Lisa

    ReplyDelete