7.14.2013

Up-cycled Antique Sewing Table:

I have a friend who has a garage full of all kinds of neat stuff!  She lets me come "shop" inside her garage every time I have a little bit of extra money.  
"How fun is that, right?!"

So on my 1st shopping trip, I brought home this Antique Singer Sewing Table.

I wasn't really quite sure what I wanted to do with it, so it kind of sat in the room for about a month. 

One day I got the idea to make a wooden top for it out of my pallet wood.

I started taking apart the whole thing piece by piece.  It was relatively pretty easy, everything was just screwed together. 

So the first thing I did was take the base outside to spray paint it! 

Before:


After:


I took some sand paper and gave it a bit of a distressed look...





I arranged the pallet wood on top of the original table top base. 
I used a nail gun to nail it all down.




After staining, and painting the original table top base, here it is...







Isn't it a neat, unique piece?

I actually bought it to refurbish, and to re-sell, but I'm kind of attached to it.
It makes the perfect little Entryway table, because I can store my keys in the little pull-out departments.

I'm actually going to up-cycle the 2 little drawers as well!

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Jenny





















1 comment: