2.18.2013

Recipes on Display...

This is something I've been wanting to do for a little while now...

Framing/Displaying some of my favorite recipes of my Mom's! 

When I'm making an unfamiliar recipe, I will usually have my phone of laptop near by with the recipe on the screen!  Then there are times when I'm making a special dinner, and want to bring out my Mom's recipe box!  Most of them are handwritten on cards, paper, or even envelopes!  They usually get laid down on the counter, and end up getting splattered with whatever ingredients I am working with!
Not anymore!...now I can easily clip them up on the wall, and they are easily accessible! 

Ultimately I would REALLY love one of those Recipe Typographic prints. 
Have you seen those?
They look something like this...

Typographic Dessert Recipe Prints by Leanda Zavian of One Little Bird Studio

When making the frame, I just used what I already had on hand.

These frames were on my refrigerator with magnets behind them.  I'm actually doing something different with my refrigerator now, so I no longer needed the frames.

I bought these at Hobby Lobby for $14.99 with a 1/2 off sale!...so $7.50 each!


I found these bamboo table mats from Target a while back on sale.  I'm not really a "table mat kind-of-gal, so they just sat in a drawer.


I cut the bamboo strips to fit inside the frame...


...then I used the hot glue gun to adhere them!


I glued down a clip as well, added the recipe, and there you have it!!!



Thanks for looking!

~ Jenny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment