I originally thought I'd like to fix it up a bit, paint it, reupholster the chairs, etc...but at the time I wasn't sure if I really wanted to put the time, money, and effort into it.
So after several weeks of having it posted on Craigslist, and it NOT selling, I decided to go with my original plan, and give it a facelift! =)
There are 4 parts to this NEW Dining Room Set:
- Paint/Distress Table
- Paint/Distress China Cabinet
- Paint/Distress Chairs
- Reupholster Chairs
Every part is a bit time-consuming, time that I don't always have a lot of! ha ha
So TODAY I worked on the TABLE!!!
Here's the entire set:
Let's get started!!! =)
After 2 coats of Valspar white paint...
((since I'm distressing, I didn't need to make sure it was "perfect"))
I then took the table outside, and sanded down the top of the table.
It originally had a glossy finish, and I wanted a more rustic finish.
This is after the top was sanded, I applied stain onto the legs, and scruffed it up a bit with sand paper...
And here it is NOW...
Here's a side-by-side view:
...and some close-up shots of the "distressing"...
After finishing this, and seeing what a BIG difference it made, I can't WAIT to start on the China Cabinet! Stay tuned! =)
oooo - Jenny