8.30.2012

Kitchen Window Shelving:

Recently my Dad has been building a "observation deck" ((more on that later)) in the backyard, and when doing so, he took down a bunch of 25+ year old fence posts.  These posts are worn, beat up, weathered down, rustic looking pieces of wood...so of course I grabbed those babies up!!!  Muuaarraahh ha ha!

I've been wanting to do something with my Kitchen window to spruce it up a bit, and thought about putting a curtain or a pelmet box window treatment.  Then I came across the idea of putting shelving above your Kitchen sink/in front of your Kitchen window.


So when I came across these rustic pieces of wood, I called my hubby up at work and said, "Honey!  I have a project for you!"  ((I'm sure he was just over-flowing with Joy!...more like, "rolling his eyes...click." ;-)  Tee Hee

So I had him drill in these "plant brackets" to hold my shelving...


Here's what it looked like after he drilled in the brackets for me...


After that I went and cut, sanded, and stained 2 pieces of my wood...

...and TA DA!!!
((and yes, I DO have my Fall decorations out already.  Tee hee))

((The long brown candle holder...I'm actually going to plant small little cactus-looking plants in that...so I'll give y'all a updated picture once I do so.))



Side view...


...and with the Kitchen light turned off...



Close-up pictures of the rustic wood...



...and I just realized...
I haven't showed y'all my KITCHEN yet!!!
I'll give the Kitchen it's own little post in the near future, but here's a sneak peek...


What do y'all think??
I think it gave it a nice added touch to my country/rustic/shabby chic Kitchen/Dining Room look I'm going for...I promise it has a nice flow to it.  ha ha

Thanks for looking!

~ Jenny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment