8.25.2012

/\/\/ Vintage Chevron \/\/\ Oooo...aaahhh...

I'm loving the new trend of Chevron strips, but haven't "officially" added any into my home...until NOW!!!...

Remember a while ago when my Brother surprised me with THREE crates??!!...you can read about that here.  They were actually corn crates that he found at a Farmers' Market.



I've had them sitting in my Living Room contemplating what exactly I was going to do with them...



I almost immediately painted one white (which I did not take a picture of), and then let it sit for about another week...still contemplating what I was going to do with it...ha ha

Then today while I was cleaning, I got this thought it my head...
CHEVRON stripes!!!
I stopped what I was doing, went and grabbed some paint and a brush, and about 30 minutes later...
TA DA!!!


I wanted a more Vintage look, so I added some stain around the edges, a bit around the yellow stripes, and sanded the whole thing down...



I'm using my new Vintage Crate to store books/magazines in the Living Room...






So whatcha think?
I'm loving the pop of yellow! 

Speaking of "Chevron"...here's a sneak peek at the fabric I bought for the Dining Room chairs I'm re-doing...you can read about that here and here.


Oh, and I haven't forgotten about my "1" pumpkin project a month challenge...I guess I better get on that, since I only have 1 week left of August! ;-)

~ Jenny xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment