9.16.2012

Backyard Tour...((in progress))

Having a S'more themed birthday party over the weekend + needing to have the backyard clean FOR the birthday party = yea!...I can take updated pictures for my blog!  ha ha ha

So...that being said...this is how our backyard is looking currently...

A lot of unfinished projects going on back here, but it's slowly evolving. =)  Also, these pictures were taken after a rainfall...so things look a bit wet! =)

When you walk out the back door of our house, this is what you see...


This was the very 1st thing my Dad built in this backyard...the Gazebo!
This was the reason why I wanted to buy my Parent's house from them.  I remember growing up watching my Dad put hours and hours into building this gazebo!  It's quite sentimental to me.


The left side of the gazebo...
BEHIND the Gazebo my Dad recently built a closed-in porch that overlooks the woods behind our fence...

This small porch is entirely enclosed in...so no mosquito's!
Underneath the porch is a temporary hide-away for bikes and toys...


Magnetic screening...


There's a window inside that you can open to feed the squirrels or birds...


Seating for two...


I actually found this red wicker table at a garage sale, and planned on spray painting it a different color.  Then once I set it up in the backyard, I realized how well the red went with the other red tones throughout the backyard.

You can read more about the pallet art here.


This is the wood detail underneath the gazebo...


To the right of the gazebo is the fire pit seating area and unfinished shed!
The wire fencing is a temporary solution to separate the dog area from the human area...tee hee  ...and we haven't yet decided how we want to finish the shed.
If you want to read more on how we built the fire pit area, you can read that here.



PLAYGROUND!!!
A few years ago my Dad and hubby spent one weekend building this for the kiddo's...
The entire backyard is covered in small pebble-like rocks rather than grass. 
If you notice the shade of red...that is actually torn up tire that we are making the switch to. 
So that is still yet completed. 


Here's another new addition...

The Wrap-Around Porch!
This goes from the side of the house all the way around the back of the yard to the deck.
So as you can see in the picture below, it isn't yet finished...
With this, I learned how to use a power drill for the 1st time!  My brother, husband and I took turns helping my Dad lay down the boards.  Okay, okay...so that's the "easy" part, compared to all the prep work my Dad did prior to this.  I wouldn't even know where to begin when it comes to all the framing you have to lay underneath those boards! =)


And if you've been following my blog, you might recognize those 2 crates on the deck! 
I finally found a place for them! 
I am now re-using the corn crates as outdoor toy storage!
You can read about that here.


...and if you just ignore the "mess" in these next 2 pictures, I'll show you the other parts of the wrap-around porch...
We still have stacks of wood, and all the other materials laying around... =)


the side of the house...


So that completes the tour of our backyard! =)
I'll give y'all another update once the porch is complete.

P.S.  Here's a few pics. from our weekend s'more party!



I hope y'all have a blessed week!
~ Jenny xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment