4.16.2013

Re-purposed Chairs Into A Bench:

I was driving home one day last week, and someone had these 4 chairs out in their trash pile.  Each of them were labeled with a $5 price tag.  ha ha
I didn't have any cash on me, but was able to scrounge up $10 from the cash my kids had on them.  I handed the owner of these nice chairs over several one dollar bills, and LOTS of change.  He must have felt bad for me, because he let me have all of them for $10.00.  =)

I brought them home, not sure what I was going to use them for.  They were kid-size, not real wood, and a little wobbly.

I tried 2 of them out around the Gaming End Table, and 2 of them around the Distressed Kitchen Island for about a week.
It just really never worked out for those chairs, until one afternoon while I was cleaning, I remembered seeing something on Pinterest about up-cycling chairs into a bench!

YES!...That's it!...I needed more seating around my Dining Table anyways!

Luckily, I already had everything I needed.  
Without hesitation, I went to work!


This was very easy...just laying boards side by side, and screwing them into each chair...


I then took the bench out front ((more open space than the back yard)), put my ear plugs in, turned the music up, and began spraying!!!
I'm sure my neighbors wander about me. ;-)

I used Rust-oleum Universal Satin Paint & Primer In One...

Rust-Oleum Universal 12-oz. Universal Paint and Primer

After it dried, I took a bit of stain around the edges, and sanded the whole seat down!

Here's a close-up...



Here's a side-by-side view of the Before & After:


And now it fits nicely with the rest of my Dining Set!


Thanks for looking!

~ Jenny xoxo

I would sure LOVE your vote!








No comments:

Post a Comment