4.05.2013

A little Hallway Organization...

This hallway desperately needed Help!

WAY back when I was painting the Study/Guest Room gray, I took my leftover paint and proceeded to paint the hallway the same color.
Problem was, I ran out of paint mid-way.
So rather than get more, the hallway just sat looking like THIS for months and months...
Fortunately, anyone that came over didn't really see my multi-colored hallway, because it's towards the back of the house.


When we started working on the spiral stairs, I could no longer hide my unfinished hallway.  When guests would come over to take a look at the new stairs, the hallway was RIGHT THERE...for all the world to see!
Something had to be done!

First thing I did was paint the hallway the same color as the Kitchen and Dining Room.  The hallway is right across from the Dining Room, so it flows well together. 

Next I just grabbed a piece of scrap wood that I had leftover from other projects...in this case, I used a 1x6 board.

I leveled it, and screwed it to the wall.  It was that easy!

I then painted that white, and added some hooks!

The pallet wood picture frames were originally on my Fireplace Mantel, but the aqua kind of clashed with the brown wooden walls, so they needed to be moved some place else anyways.
I aligned those up above each hook.

Now each of my children have their own hook to hang their backpacks, and their picture above their own hook.





Of course, there are still some things needing done...

A new light fixture, moulding, and the doors need painted.  If you look closely, you can see that one door is painted white, and the other one is cream.  Why it's like that?...I'm not sure.

And...I'm wanting this hallway to be kid-friendly, so I'm thinking about framing their artwork on the opposite wall.

What are your thoughts?

If you would like to see more on the Pallet Frames, you can read all about that here.

Thank You for looking!!!

~ Jenny xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment